Dye Sublimation T Shirt Printing
Ever wished you had could print on an entire shirt? Now you can! With dye sublimation t shirt printing, you customize every inch of your T shirt. On the front, and on the back!
How Dye Sublimation T Shirt Printing works:
- Your image is printed from a dye sublimation printer, with sublimation inks, onto sublimation transfer paper.
- Your image, and shirt are aligned in a heat press that reaches temperatures up to 400º Fahrenheit
- When the shirt is pressed, the inks from the transfer 'sublimate' or 'degas'. The pressure from the heat press will cause the degassed inks to sublimate directly into the fibers of the shirt.
Benefits of Dye Sublimation T Shirt Printing:
Permanent ImagingDye Sublimation T Shirt printing actually dyes the fibers in the shirt. There is no raised surface on the fabric from the inks, because sublimation inks do not lay on top. This is unlike screen printing or direct to garment printing, both processes print directly on the shirt. Leaving a raised feel on the shirt, and making the imaging susceptible to cracking and fading. Dye sublimation T Shirt printing leaves literally no feel, other than that of the original fabric. The image will never crack or wear off of the shirt.
All Over Printing
You can print on the whole shirt! Top to bottom, front and back, with no restrictions. Screen printing and direct to garment printing processes are often limited to a rectangular area on the garment. Dye sublimation T shirt printing is full image t shirt printing.
No Color Restrictions
You can print virtually any color, with no restrictions on quantity of colors. Dye sublimation T shirt printing raises the bar for artwork and photography on T Shirts. We can create some of the boldest and brightest tees. Some dye sublimation designs even create beautiful T shirts with minimal color. Since dye sublimation can print any color, we can create T shirts with your logo on any custom color shirt.
- Dye sublimation works best on 100% polyester T Shirts, or fabric that is mainly polyester. Polyester T-shirts come in a multitude of different fabric types. There are moisture wicking variations for athletic shirts. Many are microfiber material. Most of the shirts that we offer have 50 SPF protection from UVA and UVB rays. They are also available in long sleeves. Some shirts are lighter weight than others and so forth. There are lots of options when it comes to choosing a dye sublimation t shirt blank. Make sure that the shirt you choose reflects it's purpose.
- There are many polyester based shirts that mock the look and feel of cotton. However Dye sublimation will NOT work on cotton T shirts or any other natural fiber.